Friday, September 18

Chocolate Avalanche Birthday Cake



Yesterday was my husbands birthday so I decided to make him my Chocolate Avalanche Cake. Although the photo may not look so appetizing it's quite scrumptuous.

It's a chocolate 3 layer cake with a whippped cream filling laced with fresh strawberries and covered with a rich chocolate fudge topping.

The fudge is drizzled over the top of the cake so that it just runs down the sides covering the top completely but leaving open spaces on the sides to view the interior.

I got the idea of making this cake from a place called The Bubble Rooom that we use to go to on Captiva Island, Florida when our kids were younger. They have incredible mile high desserts. The food is just ok but the desserts are to die for.

It took me years to come up with a recipe that matched the cake that we loved best. We have all been very happy with the results. My family agrees it's a dead ringer for the Bubble Room version.